Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ballet Freak!

Guest Clara

Guest Giannina

Clara, I'm going to move your post to our Young Dancers forum. This forum is for video topics, i.e. tapes and DVD's; on Young Dancers your post will get proper attention.

Giannina

• Administrators

Hello Clara, welcome to the Young Dancers' forum on Ballet Alert Online!

I think you are very fortunate to be able to get so much training so young. Just be careful if you are in your growing period that you don't overwork, especially jumping, as this can cause some problems with knees and other joints. It doesn't always happen, but it sometimes will happen if someone has a lot of growth very quickly. If you are growing slowly and regularly, and not shooting up like a bean pole all at once, then you should be okay! smile.gif

Guest tianehu

Wow, you really are very lucky! I wish I could do the same, but here ballet classes are so expensive and there aren't many places that offer really good ballet lessons... frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Balletchick38

Wow are you ever lucky! That would be a dream come true for me, but it will probably never happen becasue I live in tiny little town. Here there's only 3 dance schools, none of which are great for serious dancers. It's so frustrating!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tentwinkletoes

Hi! That's just like me! I only take ballet but I take around sixteen hours now and over twenty during competition. My parents think I am crazy, but I love it and have many things that I want to accomplish.

Practice makes perfect( I wish)

wink.gif

If you're planning to be a professional, you're on the track. I haven't actually heard people your age doing that many hours yet. The norm I heard was around the age of 15 or 16.

Good for you, knowing that you LOVE to dance. Wish that I am like you, dancing everyday. wink.gif

~pointe~

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: pointe ]

• 3 weeks later...

I envy everybody who gets to dance that much mad.gif I'm only getting (approx.) 7 hours a week frown.gif I want to do more, it's just with basketball, school, driving situations, etc. it's hard to do anymore lessons at this time! There should be at least 30 hours in a day wink.gif ! Anyone feel the same way?

Guest toedancer23

Yes!!! I take about 13 hours a week, plus I take a Pilates class, and still I beg to go to an extra adult class when I can!

I've made the decision to cut out almost everything else extracurricular except ballet, but I feel OK about it because that's what I love most.

My high school is putting on a production of West Side Story and I'd love to audition, but I'm sure the rehearsals would probably conflict with ballet. It's my favorite musical though - the Jerome Robbins choreography is very "cool" ha ha. (You need to know the musical to get that!)

Maybe I can find out what the rehearsal schedule would be like....sigh!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ballerina05

wow - if only i could get that much training, i would take it in a heartbeat. I want to dance everyday for long periods of time. I only take ballet 4 hours a week, and it really isnt enough, your really lucky!

• 2 weeks later...